Database Management: Making an Asset of Your Data
- Lack of specified data entry policies and procedures, hence no one knowing and applying them.
- Using Excel as if it were a database (JUST a spreadsheet, okay?)
- Having no one in charge of data entry/data quality training.
- Forgetting all about backups, or running them way too seldom.
- Allowing staff to copy sensitive information onto portable devices and take it home.
- Insufficient password security measures.
- Error management? Lack of error management strategies, careless data handling by staff.
- Keeping your user access rights and security options a mess.
Not about you? Then congratulations, your database management efforts don’t need a fix.