This event has passed. But you can get a record of the event. Get access to all records right now.
Why and How to Choose an IoT Platform
January 11 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- The Internet of Things heralds an era of enormous potential that will impact value chains business models, and create a new paradigm of connectivity.
- New ecosystems and partnerships will be established, and new complexities will need to be overcome. Businesses will need new levels of efficiencies and automation to realize the new opportunities lying before them.
- As a result, we are witnessing the emergence of new IoT platforms, development, and solutions. But not all IoT Platforms are created equal, and in fact can be vastly different.
- In this session, Omar Nawaz of Rouge Group will discuss why IoT platforms are important. He will cover their components and their potential value in overall IoT adoption and strategies. Omar will provide a comparison and a decision checklist to facilitate selecting the best platform--based on your industry, applications, and/or solutions.
- How to choose an IoT Platform that fits your industry
- How does Predix differ from Bluemix, Azure, Amazon Web Services
- How to avoid challenges when adopting an IoT Platform
- This webinar will be of interest to anyone involved with IoT planning and adoption in Retail, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Government/Public Services, Telecommunications, Field Service, Utilities, Engineering, Consumer Electronics, and Business Services. Relevant titles include:
- C-level executives
- Senior leadership and Head of line of businesses
- IT Management, Architects, and Managers
- Entrepreneurs and Investors
- Omar Nawaz is the Founder and President of Rouge Group, a management consulting firm that provides business strategy, innovation, product management, and strategic and technical alliance services to late-stage startups, enterprises and global service providers.
- Previously, he was the Executive Vice President at Zaytuna College, first of its kind Liberal Arts College in Berkeley, CA. As part of the founding team, he was responsible for the development, operations, and finance of the college during its formative years.
Prior to Zaytuna, Omar was the founder and CEO at MobiZim, a parental controls and personal cloud-based content management service for smartphones. Earlier, Omar held senior technical and management roles at Microsoft and Cisco, where he led definition and development of products in emerging technologies to create new markets and successfully build several $100-million businesses.
- Omar holds an MBA and a Master’s degree in Engineering Management from San Jose State University and a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Utah.
Get your webinar recording
- January 17
- 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Event Tags: