Bluemix Hands-on Training for Application Developers
March 21, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm| €650
This Bluemix training introduces Bluemix architecture and how to build cloud-native applications with practical hands-on exercises.
This training is intended for Application Developers and provides an in-depth knowledge required for developing and deploying Node.js applications to Bluemix. It includes an introduction to Cloud Foundry, IBM Bluemix, an overview of the best practices, tools, and services available for Node.js developers who will work on cloud-native applications. A large part of the course is dedicated to the hands-on exercises.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Explain what the Bluemix PaaS is and how it works
- Know Bluemix services and how to use them
- Develop a cross-platform cloud-native Node.js application
- Deploy to Bluemix
Alexander Sologub is a masterful full-stack software engineer and trainer with extensive background in both back-end logic and UI development for Web applications. His in-depth IaaS background makes Alexander a true virtuoso in all things cloud-native development. He is perfectly familiar with various platforms, such as IBM Bluemix and Cloud Foundry.
- Basic understanding of Linux
- Basic understanding of working computer networks
- Familiarity with Node.js platform
- 9:00-9:10 What is covered in the course and How we will work
- 9:10-9:20 Introduction to Bluemix architecture and cloud-native applications
- 9:20-9:35 Checking the prerequisites
- 9:25-9:30 Create Bluemix account
- 9:30-9:35 The Cloud Foundry CLI
- 9:35-9:45 Q&A session
- 9:45-9:55 Coffee break
Developing an IoT application.
Application will allow to post some data from mobile phone to cloud storage and visualize saved information in real time.
- 9:55-10:25 Implement
-sending data to the cloud
-saving data in the database
-visualizing the data
- 10:25-10:45 Create MongoDB service instance and Manifest
- 10:45-10:55 Deploy microservices
- 10:55-11:05 Check deployed application
- 11:05-11:15 Q&A session
- 11:15-12:00 Lunch break
Developing Chat bot application.
Application will help to find flight based on provided information in dialog.
- 12:00-12:10 Talking with chat bot API
- 12:10-12:20 Create Conversation service instance
- 12:20-12:30 Configure chat bot
- 12:30-12:40 Create manifest
- 12:40-12:50 Deploy microservice
- 12:50-13:00 Check deployed application
- 13:00-13:10 Q&A session
- 13:10-13:20 Coffee break
Developing Visual recognition application.
Application will allow to detect if driver has closed eyes.
- 13:20-13:30 Implement image uploading
- 13:30-13:40 Create Visual Recognition service instance
- 13:40-13:50 Train classifier
- 13:50-14:00 Create manifest
- 14:00-14:10 Deploy microservice
- 14:10-14:20 Check deployed application
- 14:20-14:30 Q&A session
- 14:30-14:40 Training Wrap-up
- 14:40 Training ends
Request a similar training on Cloud Foundry/ Bluemix/ Predix in your city or in your company by filling in the form below: