Hyperledger Blockchain and Trade Finance—An Introduction
March 9, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Why watch the webinar:
This session will show how the blockchain technology can apply to a trade finance use case for increased speed, reduced errors, privacy, transparency, and a scalable ecosystem. IBM's Sloane Brakeville will speak about the existing problems in trade finance industry, show how a trade finance network looks like now, and how blockchain improves the situation. Sloane will provide a solution powered by Hyperledger Fabric technology.
Note: Sloane had trouble with the demo, however, you can watch a youtube video that shows the demo.
- Blockchain and Hyperledger Basics
- Blockchain for Trade Finance
- Use Case Explanation
- As-Is process flow
- To-Be process flow (with Blockchain)
- Senior leadership and heads of innovation initiatives at banks, financial institutions, insurance firms, consultancies, other enterprises
- Developers and blockchain enthusiasts interested in contributing to the Hyperledger development
Sloane Brakeville is a member of the Blockchain Labs at IBM.
He helps clients grasp how to apply blockchain / distributed ledger technology to prepare for the oncoming decentralization revolution. Working with IBM Blockchain and Hyperledger, Sloane has helped build blockchain projects that have tangible impact in the Financial Services, Trade Finance, Media, Entertainment, and Supply Chain industries.
Notable ventures Sloane has been engaged with include the HSBC and Bank of America Letter of Credit project, and a major Canadian Bank Proof of Concept demonstrating the capacity of Hyperledger to show consolidated credit risk of customers.