[Workshop Series] Operating Cloud Foundry: From deployment to High Availability
October 12, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
October 12-17, join workshop series for CF DevOps and Operators in your city to learn how to deploy and operate Cloud Foundry.
Why this workshop?
Deploying and operating a platform as complex as a PaaS is not undertaking.
In this hands-on workshop, we’ll take a look at the operational side of the platform, how to use BOSH, the default infrastructure orchestration tool for Cloud Foundry, and deploy the platform and services, enabling high availability to its components.
Who should attend?
This workshop has been designed for people with little to no experience, both in Cloud Foundry and BOSH:
- Cloud Foundry Operators
- Architects that need to design Cloud Foundry deployment
- DevOps that deploy Cloud Foundry
- BOSH: Overview and introduction – Architecture, basic inner workings
- Deploying a small Bosh Release – How it works? Working with clusters
- High Availability – Configuring and testing cluster resilience and scalability
- Deploying Cloud Foundry – Using BOSH to deploy the PaaS
- Operating Cloud Foundry – Deploy an application!
- Services – Deploy a BOSH service BOSH release and integrate it with Cloud Foundry
- Monitoring – Checking out how Cloud Foundry is doing
1. Knowledge of:
- Basic Linux administration
- Use of SSH
Please make sure that:
- You are able to install software in your computer
- You have an SSH client program
- 09:00 – 09:15 – Introduction, presentation of the training
- 09:15 – 11:00 – Training
- 11:00 – 11:15 – Coffee break
- 11:15 – 13:00 – Training
- 13:00 – 14:00 – Lunch
- 14:00 – 15:45 – Training
- 15:45 – 16:00 – Coffee break
- 16:00 – 17:00 – Training
- 17:00 – 17:15 – Wrap up
About the trainer:
Juan Pablo Genovese is a Cloud Engineer/Trainer at Altoros. He has been developing software for 19 years and, as a “jack of all trades” has also been into DevOps work. Juan Pablo is focused on training new DevOps Engineers at Altoros and helping customers to adopt and use Cloud Foundry, as well as identifying the needs of the community. His professional interests include high-performance/highly available solutions with cloud technologies, as well as designing architectures that meet customers’ needs.