Cloud Foundry / DevOps Engineer
Position: Cloud Foundry / DevOps Engineer
Even those who don’t know about Cloud Foundry have probably heard of the conveyor belt. Car factories began producing 10x more vehicles per month, slashing the cost and time to assemble an automobile. The conveyor belt has changed the world.
Cloud Foundry, one of the fastest-growing open-source projects in history (according to the Linux Foundation), is now changing the way companies build their apps. It is a cloud-native platform that abstracts developers from the underlying infrastructure, so that they can focus on business logic and deliver apps in weeks instead of months. Cloud Foundry users include dozens of Fortune 500 and Global 2000 organizations, as well as the governments of the U.S., Australia, South Korea, etc.
At Altoros, we bring “software assembly lines” into large organizations, helping them to cut the cost and time to produce software. A member of the Cloud Foundry Foundation, Altoros integrates solutions offered by the Cloud Foundry ecosystem. With 250+ employees across 8 countries in America and Europe, Altoros is behind some of the world’s largest Cloud Foundry deployments.
Currently, we are expanding one of our project teams.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who will become part of the global team building cloud-native systems and applying digital transformation to Fortune 500 / Global 2000 customers. You will be helping enterprises to make a revolutionary shift in the way they develop and deliver software, working side-by-side with some of the most experienced engineers in the Cloud Foundry community.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for various aspects of deploying, integrating, optimizing, automating, and adopting Cloud Foundry environments. The job may require working both onsite and offsite. All successful candidates will be provided with relevant Cloud Foundry training.
- 3–5 years of experience in a technical and client-facing role
- Hands-on experience with any of the following IaaS platforms: AWS, OpenStack, Microsoft Azure, or Google Compute Engine
- Understanding of Docker and its ecosystem
- Profound knowledge of Linux / UNIX
- Strong communication skills
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle in the cloud
- Knowledge of the key concepts of cloud-native architectures
- Must be open to traveling around the U.S.
- Solid experience with any scripting language
- Experience with Kubernetes or Mesos
- Understanding of high availability, scalability, resilience, performance, and security requirements in the cloud
If you like the idea of changing the world with digital transformation and qualify for this (or any other) career opportunity we have, send your CV to email@example.com